Thursday, May 3, 2007

Review: My Date with Drew

I like this movie so much I bought it. I guess that says it all, doesn't it?

One of the things I don't like about the film is that they didn't go more into who Brian Herzlinger is as a person right off the bat. You end up caring about the story and the quest by the end, but you sort of have to build up to it; suffering through the extreme awkwardness and goofiness on display (particularly on the test date).

Honestly, some of it was quite painful to watch (probably because I related a little too well to it all). I think some of the pain could have been lessened had we got to know Brian a little better right off the bat.

The one question that sticks in my head is, "Why is the E Channel interested in this guy?" What the heck does he do for a living that he's getting calls from cable TV networks?

No comments: